October 2018 - Jim
Submit your photos to be a 'Ninja of the Month'
Receive a First Aid Kit...Contact us for Details!
Jim lives in New South Wales, Australia which is bordered on the north by Queensland, on the west by South Australia, on the south by Victoria and on the east by the Tasman Sea. Jim enjoys riding his Triumph T100 through the entire region of New South Wales which includes beautiful landscapes of coastal plains and the Snowy Mountains.
Touring New South Wales with other Riders is great; but it is very special having Jim’s Granddaughter along for most of the rides. It won’t be long before she will be riding her own bike leading the way for her Grandfather and the other Riders.
We are not completely sure they will be able to keep pace with her!
Click Links to See Photos
- September 2018 - Christian Christian lives in Uruguay which is the second smallest sovereign nation in South America. The landscape features mostly rolling plains and low hill ranges which are perfect for enjoying the performance of his 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ER6F. Uruguay generally has two seasons: winter and summer, with temperatures ranging from 00 to 400 C. As an everyday commuter and all weather Rider, Christian has logged over 25,000 km on his Ninja…rain, shine, hot or cold. Christian’s favorite riding is in the Santa Teresa National park which has the most beautiful beaches, spectacular forested areas, and wonderful roads for motorcycling. On longer holidays, Christian rides his touring equipped Ninja on the open roads and routinely crosses the borders of Argentina and Brazil. We believe Christian holds the record for the number of border crossings in a 24 hour period. Nice Life!
- August 2018 - Konstantinos Konstantinos lives south of Athens, Greece riding daily in what is known as the crossroads of Europe, Asia, and Africa. Everyone knows that Greece is considered the cradle of Western civilization, but little known is that Greece has the 11th longest coastline in the world, and 80% of Greece consists of mountains or hills, making Greece one of the most mountainous countries in Europe. Riding on roads through settlements dating from the 7th millennium BC (which are the oldest in Europe), and in a primarily Mediterranean Climate is ‘heaven on earth’. Konstantinos rides his ‘bullet-proof’ Suzuki VStrom 650 on the winding mountain coast roads of southern Greece. Kons’ VStrom is equipped with touring gear, and becomes his time-machine traveling through the ancient towns and villages. It would be interesting to know how many years back in time Kons goes on his 1,000 km rides. Photo is of Kons’ VStrom taking a brief break in the ancient town (circa 369 BC) of Methoni.
- July 2018 - Eddie Eddie lives in Israel, and frequently rides the beautiful roads in the north area of Israel, Golan Heights, and Sea of Galilee. The northern region contains the Mount Carmel mountain range, which is followed inland by the fertile Jezreel Valley, and then the hilly Galilee region. Not only are these roads close to perfect for riding, they transport you through history from the stone figure of the ‘Venus of Berekhat Ram’ (circa 700,000 BC) through the times and villages of Alexander the Great (circa 332 BC), and the Roman Times (circa 250 BC).. With a Mediterranean climate of long, rainless summers and relatively short, cool, rainy winters, there is plenty of time for road exploration. The roads are perfect for taming Eddie’s lethal MV Agusta Brutale. The contrast of the beautiful countryside vistas and the threatening stance of the Brutale is all in the day’s ride.
- June 2018 - Jerome Jerome now lives and rides in the mountains of California, and enjoys the year round riding of the Idyllwild Valley area located in Southern California's San Jacinto Mountains, which contains the 10,834-foot high San Jacinto Peak. Idyllwild lies mostly within a high mountain valley bisected by the famous small year-round stream, Strawberry Creek. Jerome began his riding career in the early 1980s riding Sport Bikes, owning several of the fastest Superbikes at the time - 1986 Yamaha FZ750; 1986 Suzuki GSXR1100 and the 2009 Honda CBR1000RR. Jerome continues his ‘Life in the Fast Lane’ through the mountains and the valley roads on his Superbike BMW S1000R. Just when we think motorcycling like this is enough excitement, Jerome takes to the sky in his Paraglider to soar over the highest mountain peaks. http://www.expandingknowledge.com/PG
- May 2018 - Brad Brad lives in New Zealand and rides his 2003 Yamaha R1 everyday…rain, snow or sun. New Zealand consists of two main islands, and is located near the center of the “Water Hemisphere”. The geography of New Zealand has beautiful vistas and landscapes, providing the kind of riding that Brad and his R1 can really appreciate. The larger South Island is divided along its length by the ‘Southern Alps’, and the North Island, while being less mountainous has active volcanoes. With average climate temperature of 10 °C (50 °F) in the South to 16 °C (61 °F) in the North, Brad rides year-round and never tires of exploring the roads of New Zealand. Brad says that it is in his Riding Plan to tour across the United States. It would be great to join Brad for a portion of his tour. But, if he is riding his R1, I will never be able to keep up with him.
- April 2018 - Martyn Martyn lives in Canada, but his favorite riding areas are the roads winding through the Valley and Ridge Mountains of Virginia and the Carolinas. This is the more remote western mountain side of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Martyn loves to ride in the twisties and braves the endless super-slab from Toronto for 600 miles to get to Virginia where the fun begins. Stopping only to lube his chain and get fuel, he makes his way on his trusty steed to the back of the Dragon known as Route 16 in Virginia. When he arrives at his destination his unloads his heavy bags at the hotel and heads to the hills with only his tank bag and rain gear. Later he travels to the Snake or Route 421, and then rides to his favorite area: ‘The Tail of the Dragon’. There is nothing like his beautiful 2015 BMW S1000R to navigate the 311 turns (one way) up the Dragon. Try doing that 4 times in a row. This is dedication!
- March 2018 - Fastest Bikes in Saudi Arabi Every Friday morning at 5:00 a.m. you will see 5 to 8 of the fastest sport bikes on the Planet gather at a small petrol station near the 15th century historical town of Diriyah, Saudi Arabia. Their destination is Thadiq approximately 130 kms (~ 90 miles) north for breakfast. The favorite route is along Al-Ammariya passing Date Farms and Greeneries which is cause to drop speeds down to 140 kph to take in the stunning landscapes, and enjoy the cooler temps on the split mountain twisties; uncommon for the expansive desert areas Saudi Arabia. Of course, their route includes a section of wide and straight of highway for 25kms where they can power up their superbikes to speeds of 300+kph (186+ mph). Every Friday morning, this is their Routine, and they fast-throttle through the weekdays to get to Friday; bringing new meaning to TGIF (Thank Goodness It’s Friday). We want to have a Friday Routine like this, we are envious! If you blink you will miss seeing these guys as they blast by…
Joel – 2014 Kawasaki ZX-10R / Danny – 2003 Yamaha R1 / Edmar - 2005 Yamaha R1
Abdullah – 2007 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird / Cesar- 2007 BMW R1200S / Henry - 2004 Yamaha R1
Gilbert - 2016 BMW S1000R / Ibrahim – 2007 Yamaha R6 / Rupesh- 2014 Suzuki GSX-R1000
Gojar - 2004 Yamaha R1 / Wacky - 2001 Suzuki GSX-R / Jacobe - 2011 Aprilia RSV4 Factory
- February 2018 - Durai, Gerald, and Loh Durai, Gerald and Loh ride out of the Republic of Singapore – a sovereign island city-state off southern Malaysia. With a year round tropical climate, they often take long rides north to Malaysia and Thailand. These long rides have given them the opportunity to enjoy each other's friendship and most importantly, bond as Riders. The motto they have chosen is: "Once a Rider, always a Rider". Durai rides a Honda CB1300, Gerald rides a Yamaha MT09 Tracer, and Loh rides a Honda CB500X. These machines are perfect for touring the 480 mile long North / South Highway at speed allowing Durai, Gerald, and Loh to capture the spirit of riding freedom and peace of mind. This is exactly what all Riders want!
- January 2018 - Michael Michael lives in the United Kingdom, and only a few miles from all of the places we have heard of: Scotland, Wales, Devon, Cornwall and only 60 miles from a ferry to Mainland Europe. Living within minutes of The Yorkshire Dales – National Park, Michael rides in the stunning scenery of The Dales. The Dales is comprised of river valleys and hills with glorious roads that climb up and over dales while others twist along the valley bottoms challenging even the best of riding skills. Michael is fortunate enough to have a 2010 BMW F800R and a 2000 Cagiva V-Raptor for the diverse riding landscape. It seems the V-Raptor with its brutal power is Michael’s ride of choice when honing his skills in The Dales – readying him for the Isle of Man TT.
- December 2017 - Howard Howard spends most of his time riding the “Black Hills Mountain Range” of central Arizona and enjoying the historical Mining Towns. Pleasant year-round riding is done as long as you prepare for the typical 30 degee F temperature change between day and night. Howard has the perfect bikes for his riding. A 2012 Honda NC700X is just right for cruising the backroads, and visiting the small towns and mountain villages. His 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa, being one of the fastest motorcycles on the Planet Earth, is best suited for rocketing up to the summit of Mingus Mountain (Elevation 7,818 ft) and down again. Howard won’t say his how many times he blasts up to the summit in one day.
- November 2017 - Brandon Who needs a swanky hotel, when you can overnight in the High Sierras. The scenic beauty of the Sierra Nevadas in California provides for excellent touring. But, for sheer excitement, ripping up and down the mountain roads a KTM RC81190R has no comparison. After owning four motorcycles, Brandon is now riding his dream bike, the ‘too fast’ 2014 KTM RC81190R. No matter what the route for the ride, the performance of the RC8 makes it amazing! Most of Brandon’s riding is up and down the famous Pacific Coast Highway of Southern California in the fabulous California weather….Just Perfect!
- October 2017 - David We didn’t realize we had it so good. No more complaining about winter riding for us. David rides year round in the 12th largest State in the United States – Minnesota. Also known as the ‘Land of 10,000 Lakes’, Minnesota usually has some of the coldest winters of the lower 48 states. If roads are not frozen over, David routinely rides in temperatures of - 70F and we are not going to think about the wind chill temperatures. Minnesota has some of the Earth’s oldest and hardest rocks at about 3.6 billion years old, but at - 70F, the rocks are even harder. David’s 2014 Triumph Street Triple R wouldn’t appear to be a year round rider in extreme cold temps, and while David wears heated snowmobile gear; the Triple R is one tough bike needing just gas in the tank. David rides throughout the United States logging over 10,000 miles a year. David pauses to take a photo of his Triple at the Tail of the Dragon on Tennessee / North Carolina border. David’s riding motto: “If it is not snowing or iced over, I’m on two”. Wow!
- September 2017 - Adam Adam’s daily commute is 50 minutes (one way) on Australia’s Great Ocean Road (aka Surf Coast Highway) which runs 243 kilometres (151 miles) along the south-eastern coast of Australia in the Victoria Territory. The Great Ocean Road (aka Adam’s Raceway) was commissioned in 1932 after 14 years of construction ensuring a highway full of twists and sweeping turns with ocean vistas. After only ten (10) months, Adam has logged just over 28,000 kms (17,399 miles) on his beautiful 2016 BMW S1000R. Adam assures us his riding is always within the legal speed limits on this wide open highway…he also told us he expects to get 90,000 kms on a set of tires. We are not sure what to believe at this point.
- August 2017 - Nick Nick enjoys the countryside riding surrounding Sydney, but his favorite riding area is only five hours away – the Snowy Mountains or ‘the Snowies’. These mountains were first explored in 1835; Nick and his mates are now the explorers of the highest mountain range in Australia. The roads are ‘riding perfect’ throughout the region with plenty of twisties, and with lots of locals - Kangaroos, Wombats, and Wild Horses. Nick cuts through the mountain passes at speed on his mighty 2016 Kawasaki Zx14r SE. He confesses that it is difficult to down a ‘burger and beer’ in the mountain villages when he cannot stop smiling from ‘ear to ear’. We would be smiling too!
- July 2017 - Mukhriz Many of us have experienced a ‘wild’ ride, but most of us do not routinely ride in the oldest Rain Forest on the Planet. Commuting in this 130 million year old Malaysian Jungle where the pedestrians are Malayan Tigers, Asian Elephants, Sumatran Rhinoceros, Malayan Flying Lemurs, Malayan Tapirs, just to name a few of the 200 resident animals; makes for more than a few exciting adventures for Mukhriz and his friends. No margin for error on these roads. Mukhriz has a lot of confidence in his Triumph Tiger 800 XCx when riding the backroads in the Malaysian Jungles. The Triumph Tiger is the perfect Adventure Bike for this terrain with enough power to outrun the real ‘tigers’.
- June 2017 - Dale Dale stops as he crosses Latitude 660 33’ North for a thumbs-up on his way to Inuvik, which is ‘just’ another 200 km north of the Arctic Circle. Dale generally does one long trip per year. Inuvik was one year, Grand Canyon another year. Coast to coast, riding eastward through Canada with the return trip through USA another year along with many side excursions (Oregon Coast, Napa Valley, Rural BC...etc.. any direction the bike is pointing in and following mostly rural routes). Underneath all the mud and luggage is Dale’s ‘trusty’ 2008 Kawasaki KLR. Dale has ridden 95,000 km on his KLR. Dale enjoys riding but every two week trip definitely qualifies as an iron ass trip (800 to 1000 KM per day for two weeks). Riding from sunrise to 1 hour before sunset and stopping because of seeing some interesting, or when his body demands it.
- May 2017 - Tony What could be better than riding through the beautiful UK countryside visiting historic WWII airfields during the winter months? Tony enjoys the low end torque and pleasant thumper exhaust note of his 2016 Indian made Royal Enfield Bullet Classic 500. The classic look of his Royal Enfield is second only to the ‘hard-wearing’ RAF Hurricane from the Battle of Britain.
- April 2017 - Stan Somewhere in Alaska, Stan suggests they should turn left and ride the Glacier. When not mapping out Alaskan Glaciers, Stan enjoys riding all over of the Western United States…nice life! It’s not easy to ride for miles on gravel roads and not pick up a few nicks and scratches on his 2003 Aprilia ETV1000 Caponord, but it is well worth the memories of a life time.
- March 2017 - Tony Tony’s many years as a successful professional motorcycle racer has him now ‘coasting’ through roads like Independence Pass in Rocky Mountain’s Sawatch Range located in central Colorado. A rare photo, because of his ‘go fast’ legacy, Tony doesn’t stop for anything (except for fuel) when he is on his KTM Super Adventure.
- February 2017 - Kurt The Great American Southwest has a population of approximately 11 million people, but Kurt manages to get away from all of them on his rides.Kurt pauses to map-out another snow-capped mountain range to ‘blast over’ on his 2016 Ducati Multistrada S.
- January 2017 - Shaun We are not really sure how Shaun decides which way to turn…it is all beautiful riding country in Arizona. Really, important to know where the Gas Stations are! Shaun spends his weekends racing the legendary Road-Runner (beep-beep!) on his 2016 BMW S1000XR
- December 2016 - Ron When Ron is not exploring the backroads in Pennsylvania’s Amish Country, he busy keeping his restored Triumph in concourse condition. This 1968 Triumph 100C is rare and only kept in this condition through lots of Ron’s elbow grease.
November 2016 - Randy Now we know why Windmills are so effective in the Netherlands. The strong winds are created from Randy’s Honda CBR600RR as he blasts through the polder areas. It would be very difficult to find a sleeker looking, more meticulously cared for CBR600RR than Randy’s
- October 2016 - Thierry - Thierry covers Belgium's 11,787 square miles (30,528 sq.km) in less than a 'New York Minute' on this rocket. This 'SUPER FAST' 7th Generation CBR1000RR sometimes called the 'Fireblade', is equipped with a few exceptional go-fast accessories. Thierry's Black Beauty is a semi-custom 2004 Honda CBR1000RR.
- September 2016 - Greg - Greg spends his leisure time rocketing up the mountains of Australia on these 'surface to air' missiles. Only once or twice has he overshot the summit. Greg's babies are a 1987 Honda CBR600FH and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR.
- August 2016 - Justin - We don't know how Justin decides which of these beauties to take 'sprinting' through the Blue Grass Hills of Kentucky. Our only guess is that the "bike with the most gas in the tank' gets out of the garage for the day.
- July 2016 - Albert - Albert spends his time chasing down Big Foot, Black Bears and stuff in the deep back woods of British Columbia; but then, we are not really sure who is chasing who. If you are going to tour off-pavement, Albert's 2015 Ducati Scrambler is a great way to go!
- June 2016 - John - John cruises the back country of the Adirondacks on his BlackBird just under Mach1 speeds. He says no speeding tickets. John's special paint must be anti-radar paint like Lockheed uses on their SR1 BlackBird. John has turned his Honda 1997 CBR1100xx BlackBird into an Ultra High Speed Tourer.
- April through May 2016 - Thor - North Carolina at 53,819 sq. miles is not quite big enough to keep Thor's Monster S4RS in check. This stunning Ducati can be seen 'ripping up' the asphalt in the Tar Heel State. This 2007 Ducati Monster S4RS looks like it's moving even when parked!
- February through March 2016 - Alex - When not cruising in the 'Buckeye State', Alex is taking great rides like circumnavigating Lake Superior and the Blue Ridge Parkway on his Triumph Bonnie. In his spare time, he is rebuilding a classic Honda CB200T. It must be nice to have two beautiful Classics: 2003 Triumph Bonneville T100 and a 1975 Honda CB200T.
- December through January 2016 - Stephen - While the traffic on the LIE (Long Island Expressway) is no match for Stephen's agile Ninja, he prefers cruising the beautiful coast lines of Long Island. Click link to see photo of this Ninja makes short work of Long Island.
- October through November 2015 - Bill - Bill's KLR650 is made for exploring the high country of Montana - Land of the Shining Mountains. The KLR's fuel capacity and ruggedness is perfect for the 4th largest State in the Union.
- August through September 2015 - Frank -Frank is one of the 'Lucky Ones' having these two Yamahas in his garage...but then he does have to make the difficult decision every day which one to ride. We all should have to make these tough decisions! Frank is 'living the life' in Florida riding all year round.
- June through July 2015 - Frank - A rare photo of Frank and his 'superfast' modified Kawasaki ZX14 standing still! All other photos are just a blue streak blurr.
- April through May 2015 - David - No question about it, Dave has the most unique ride with a drive chain we have seen. Not sure how fast it is, but it looks like one tough cookie!
- GreaseNinja Show Bike Coming to a Town near you! - Coming to a town near you...our GreaseNinja Show Bike - 1966 Suzuki M12 Sport
- December through January 2015 - Capt. Mal Lewis - Captain Mal Lewis says 'All the Season's Best' to the US Army Medics and their Families he served alongside in Afghanistan over Christmas 2013. Captain Mal 'rips-up' the UK countryside on his 2014 Suzuki GSXR 750 Yoshimura Special Edition.
- May 2014 through June - Jim and Jimmy - Jim and Jimmy in Pennsylvania on their 1966 Suzuki M12 Sport 50cc. The Littlest Ninja on the Littlest Suzuki.
- February 2014 through March - Dave - Dave almost to the halfway point on his 17,300+ mile 2013 Summer trip to above the Artic Circle. Click link to see photo of Dave and his Suzuki VStrom 650 at the Arttic Circle, on the way to Coldfoot, Alaska
- December 2013 through January 2014 - Jeff - Jeff on the lonely roads in VA and NC on his '05 BMW F650GS. Jeff going fast on the backroads.
- October through November 2013 - Tom - Summer Heat - Tom arriving in New Mexico on his Suzuki GSF1200 Bandit. Arrival in New Mexico after 2000 miles of summer heat
- August through September 2013 - Aaron - August through September 2013 - Aaron in Connecticut. Aaron 'keeping it muddy' on his Honda NC700X.
- June through July 2013 - Judy - June through July 2013 - Judy of Vermont. Judy 'kickin' Butt' on Track Day with her 1996 Ducati 900SS
- April through May 2013 - Howard - April through May 2013 - Howard of Arizona. Howard on his new Honda NC700
- February through March 2013 - Gil - February through March 2013 - Gil of Australia. Gil in Queensland a 1,000 miles from home on his Aprilia SL750 Shiver dodging the smiling Wallaby.
- December 2012 through January 2013 - Dave - December through January 2013 - Dave of Virginia. Dave with his trick Suzuki VStrom 650
- October through November 2012 - Janusz - Janusz on his new Honda NC700X
- August through September 2012 - Greg - Greg on his new Dorsosuro
- March through April 2012 - John - March through April 2012 - John of Tri-County Bicycles, Pottstown PA
- June through July 2011 - Bernadette - Submit your photos to be a 'Ninja of the Month' Receive a Spray Tube Kit...Contact us for Details!
- August through September 2011 - Mike - Submit your photos to be a 'Ninja of the Month' Receive a Spray Tube Kit...Contact us for Details!
- October through November 2011 - Patti - Submit your photos to be a 'Ninja of the Month' Receive a Spray Tube Kit...Contact us for Details!
|100% Made in the United States of America
United States Patent 9,079,720 B1